33-6-1 GENERAL. Sanitary sewers and storm sewers other than those installed only for highway drainage shall be regulated by this Chapter. Drainage piping owned and operated by an organized drainage district, sanitary district, municipality, or individual is regulated by this Chapter.
Permit applications for sewer line installations shall indicate that the land and water pollution requirements of the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Division of Water Pollution Control, have been satisfied. Sewer lines shall be installed to meet or exceed the recommendations of the current “Standard Specifications for Water and Sewer Main Construction inIllinois”.
(A) Parallel Sewer and Drain Piping. Sewer and drain piping systems may be permitted on County highways under the following conditions:
(1) The installation shall be located as near as practicable to the right of way line and not more than eight (8) feet (2.4m) from and parallel to the right of way line.
(2) The materials, construction methods and other elements are in conformance with Article I of this Chapter.
(3) Sewer and drainage piping shall have minimum cover of thirty (30) inches (0.8m) and preferably sufficient cover for freeze protection.
(B) Sewer and Drain Pipe Crossings. Sewer and drain pipe may be permitted to cross County highways under the following conditions:
(1) The materials, construction methods and other elements are in conformance with Article I of this Chapter.
(2) The installation shall cross at or as near as practicable to a ninety (90) degree angle with the highway centerline.
(3) Crossings of completed highway projects shall be installed by jacking or boring with encasement provided between bore or jacking pits.
(4) Casing may be omitted for crossings installed by open trench method prior to highway construction, if the sewer system is unpressurized or if continuous pipe or jointed pipe approved by the Department is used. Such uncased installation shall preclude future repair or maintenance under the roadway structure.
(5) Crossing pipe shall have minimum cover thirty (30) inches (0.8m) and preferably shall have sufficient cover for freeze protection.